Re: [techs] EXTENDED Techniques Teleconference 17 November 2004

From: Martin Honnen <Martin.Honnen@gmx.de>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 15:31:29 +0100
To: WAI GL <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

Jim Ley wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 11:57:17 -0600, James Craig <wai-wg@cookiecrook.com> wrote:
>
>>James Craig wrote:
>>Sure it can. By assigning the window.open() return value to a variable,
>>the script has a reference to the new window object.
>

> there are numerous pop-up blockers in existence which set the return
> value to the current window, or a newly created iframe, or ...

Which pop-up blockers in which browser are that? Are you thinking of
someone using script alike
   window.open = function () { return this; }
?
Or are there indeed browsers or other tools providing popup blockers
that do what you describe above?

I would just like to learn more about those popup blockers you have in
mind, I am not contesting that the return value check of window.open()
can fail.

--

	Martin Honnen
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/