RE: Conformance Section wtih Edits incorporated

Gregg Vanderheiden writes:
 > OK
 > Then my edit would be
 >
 > If multiple formats can be retrieved from a URL through content negotiation,
 > then the conformance claim would be for the form that is returned when no
 > negotiation is conducted (unless the server returns an error for that
 > condition).

This is interesting. If there is a default version and it conforms, for
example, at Level A, but other versions obtainable subject to
negotiation conform at level AA or AAA, then can the conformance claim
only be at Level A? This appears to be the result of the above proposals.
With my original proposal, by contrast, the conformance claim could be
at Level AA (or AAA) because it would still be true that there is one
version of the content conforming at that higher level, even though it
is not the "default".

It isn't clear whether this is a desirable result. If there is a
default version, then the most that can be claimed is the level of
conformance achieved by that version. If there is no default, then the
most that can be claimed is the highest conformance level achieved by
any of the available versions (where "higher" means that AA is higher
than A, and AAA is higher than AA).

My question to the working group is whether this is what we want.