WWWAC's unsupportable recommendation on links

From: Joe Clark <joeclark@joeclark.org>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 17:44:06 +0000 (UTC)
To: WAI-GL <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

Found it.

<http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:-_P5fxFGEFcJ:www.wwaac.org/products/Docs/AAC_WebGuidelines.pdf>

<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-comments-wcag20/2004May/0006.html>
(where they give WCAG recommendations in a PDF-- *nice*)

>    o Avoid the use of embedded links within text. Use bullets or
> numbered lists instead. Place links at the end of each section and not
> within the
>    body of    the contents.

An excellent way to turn the Web into the collection of CERN physics
papers with endnotes that is so dearly desired by those who hate the Web
we have now. WCAG WG can safely ignore this unworkable proposal.

--

     Joe Clark | joeclark@joeclark.org
     Expect criticism if you top-post