Re: URI references - in conformance

From: Jason White <jasonw@ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 14:47:01 +1100
To: lguarino@adobe.com
Cc: Gregg Vanderheiden <gv@trace.wisc.edu>, w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

lguarino@adobe.com writes:

 > I think this would make it much more likely that owners of large web sites would post a claim. So I think it is a good thing. But will it make it harder for a user to determine the status of a particular URI within that tree?

Whatever methods we allow, they need to be unambiguous. One solution
would be to permit regular expressions:

The resource at every URI matching http://trace.wisc.edu/public/.*
conforms to xxx
except for [explicit list of exceptions (which may themselves be
regular expressions)]

A simple program could then take a URI and determine whether it was in
the scope of the conformance claim or not.