re:audio contrast

From: David MacDonald <befree@magma.ca>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 14:26:13 -0500
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Hi Greg

Thanks for posting your lesson on decibels. It reiterates what I posted to
the list and is in perfect alignment with my findings and calculations.
Perhaps we should open this up again to the hard of hearing community
because the 20dbs contrast is in my opinion going to be difficult to sell to
many film makers etc.

In doing this exercise of making the examples, I realized that the concept
of "audio contrast" may be something to take back to industry. I envision
new media devices which will have audio contrast as a control (like tone and
bass). New media such as films etc. would deliver the audio background
separately from the audio foreground so the consumer can adjust the
contrast. (Of course this is outside the scope of our work).

Cheers

David MacDonald

Access empowers people...
         .Barriers disable them.