RE:Clarity, plain language, etc. (was: [w3c-wai-gl] <none>)

From: John M Slatin <john_slatin@austin.utexas.edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 13:06:36 -0500
To: "Avi Arditti" <aardit@voa.gov>, "WAI WCAG List" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Cc: "Gregg Vanderheiden" <gv@trace.wisc.edu>, <lisa@ubaccess.com>, "Chris Ridpath" <chris.ridpath@utoronto.ca>

Avi Arditi asked:
Whatever happened to the list of attributes associated with clear
writing that was compiled for the old 4.1? Last time I saw it, it was
part of an appendix. These attributes could be presented as a kind of
checklist of things to consider, an informal test.
In the current Public Working Draft (http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/), most
of those items are listed under Guideline 3.1 Level 3 SC 3.  I intend to
discuss these strategies and techniques in the General Techniques for
Guideline 3.1. Another goal will be to find out if some of the
suggestions can be reworded so as to make them testable.