[script techniques] onactivate not valid HTML 4.01/XHTML 1.0 [Was: Re: Updated Internal Drafts Published]

Ben Caldwell wrote:

> Just a quick note to let everyone know that the latest round of internal working drafts has been published.

> Scripting Techniques for WCAG 2.0
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/WD-WCAG20-SCRIPT-TECHS-20041008/

That draft in
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/WD-WCAG20-SCRIPT-TECHS-20041008/#dom-activate
suggests to use an onactivate event handler in HTML 4.01/XHTML 1.0
markup, giving the following example:
however I think that is wrong as that is neither valid HTML 4.01 nor
valid XHTML 1.0. If you look at the HTML 4.01 specification then it
defines event handler attributes in
   http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/interact/scripts.html#h-18.2.3
and you do not find onactivate there. It doesn't make much sense then to
have a script techniques example suggesting to use an attribute that is
not part of HTML 4.

--

	Martin Honnen
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/