Re: WCAG 1.0 - checkpoint 11.4, policy and parallel web sites

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ineke van der Maat" <inekemaa@xs4all.nl>
To: "Roberto Scano - IWA/HWG" <rscano@iwa-italy.org>
Cc: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 2004 5:38 PM
Subject: Re: WCAG 1.0 - checkpoint 11.4, policy and parallel web sites

For a govermentsite, it is of course possible, but I also maintain
fansites and fansites without pictures are not/never a good idea.

Roberto Scano:
Depends :) Our italian law will not put the big hole like Section 508
that authorize text-only version :)

Ineke van der Maat:
Why should not it be possible to make another version with large
pictures, funfeatures that require wider screens etc, for desktop
computers. Both of course with valide code and being accessible?

Is that really so strange? I don't see what the problem is when both are
device-independent, cross-browser working and accessible.

Roberto Scano:
The point isn't the second version: the point is that all the version
should be accessible or - at least - the main version. If you wanna make
a web site with a version full of audio, video and animation free to do
it, but the official version - IMHO - should be accessible to all.