Da: w3c-wai-eo-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-eo-request@w3.org] Per conto
di Roberto Castaldo
Inviato: luned́ 30 agosto 2004 11.37
A: w3c-wai-eo@w3.org; w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Oggetto: WCAG Logos are not WCAG compliant?

Hi folks,

reading a message mailing list, I found this:
Andrea Martinez wrote that he tested the WCAG conformance logos, and the
response is
"strange":

- Red text "AAA"
Background: #ffce63
Foreground: #8C0000

The difference in brightness between the two colours is sufficient. The
threshold is 125, and the result of the foreground and background colours is
166.

The difference in colour between the two colours is not sufficient. The
threshold is 500, and the result of the foreground and background colours is
420. Whilst the colour difference doesn't comply with the W3C specified
range, it does comply with the range used by Hewlett Packard. Hewlett
Packard recommends a colour difference limit of 400.

- Grey Text "WCAG 1.0"
Background: #ffce63
Foreground: #39394A

The difference in brightness between the two colours is sufficient. The
threshold is 125, and the result of the foreground and background colours is
149.

The difference in colour between the two colours is not sufficient. The
threshold is 500, and the result of the foreground and background colours is
372.

Maybe this is the same for all W3C logos, isn't it? Should we do something?

My best regards,

Roberto Castaldo

Mobile 348 3700161
Icq 178709294