RE: [TECH] Possible CSS Technique for image-text

From: Yvette P. Hoitink <y.p.hoitink@heritas.nl>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 17:17:32 +0200
To: "'w3c-wai-gl'" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
John replied to my question about setting font size in IE:
[jms]
You can set a default font size in IE by going to Tools>Options and
selecting the Fonts... button. This sets a default font to use when font
size is not hard coded by the author. Selecting the Accessibility button
brings up a dialog that tells IE to ignore author-specified font sizes  .
[jms]

But I don't see any option for selecting a font size - just a font face?
-becky

Yvette:
If I remember correctly, it depends on the version of IE. Earlier versions
allowed you to select your default font size, but IE 6.0 doesn't offer that
option anymore...

A lot of other browsers do let you select your own font size. I think the
student with the 60 pt fonts used a Mozilla variant. In Mozilla Firefox
(version 0.92), you can use the Tools -> Options menu to select 'Fonts &
colors' which allows you to set your font size in pixels, ranging from 8 to
72 pixels. You can then check the box to always use my fonts. This is great
for low-vision users, like the student I had once.

Yvette Hoitink
Heritas, Enschede, the Netherlands
E-mail:  <mailto:y.p.hoitinK@heritas.nl> y.p.hoitinK@heritas.nl
WWW:  <http://www.heritas.nl> http://www.heritas.nl