RE: New internal draft of HTML techniques

From: Jim Thatcher <jim@jimthatcher.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 17:12:36 -0500
To: "'Paul Bohman'" <paulb@cc.usu.edu>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Cc: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

I assumed the image in your example was invisible. If the image is visible
then the label construct as you wrote it is correct. The hack I am talking
about is using an invisible image rather than label with on-screen text or
title attribute if there is no on-screen text.

Paul asked -
1. Can images be used as form labels? Jim: Sure, if they are visible; then
alt gives the text equivalent.
2. If yes, how do we communicate the label text? Jim: and the label element
connects the alt-text to the input element.

Jim
Accessibility, What Not to do: http://jimthatcher.com/whatnot.htm.
Web Accessibility Tutorial: http://jimthatcher.com/webcourse1.htm.