Re: Javascript alternatives not necessary?

Fentress, Robert wrote:

> I think another issue is whether a necessary component of
> accessibility is that content must be cross-platform, and, if
>  so, to what degree?

Certainly the accessibility features need to be implementable.
Both from a technical and legal point of view. Also customers
are able to acquire these implementations at a reasonable cost.

 >  Assumedly, an application program
> need not run on all platforms to be considered accessible,

Is that because the application is accessible by default, or
because it relies the accessibility features the underlying
platform provides?

I guess, to be a truely cross-platform assistive technology
would involve supporting the accessibility APIs for all the
platforms it claims to run on. Otherwise its just a Henry Ford
case of "you can have any colour you like as long as its black."

Mike.