RE: Javascript alternatives not necessary?

Look, I've tried to be patient, reasonable, and polite, but, quite frankly, I'm tired of your insulting attitude.  I am not a moron.  I can do server-side scripting.  It is not appropriate to certain tasks.  If you cannot see this, then I can only assume you have little experience in developing a broad range of content.  If you would not be so complacent and smug and actually read the specification for SCORM and take a moment to consider the issues involved in developing reusable learning content, instead of assuming everyone who disagrees with you is a lazy, bad developer, you might actually learn something.

I joined this list, among other reasons, so I could contribute to the discussion of issues relating to accessibility and to try to make sure those writing the standards were aware of the issues that a real, live, developer in an academic environment faces.  Our university is making a good faith effort to do better at creating accessible learning content, which is more than can be said for the vast majority of universities in the US.  I am a leader in this regard here (small pond, I know), and have been tilting at windmills to get other folks in the university community to make accessible content.  I would like to help ensure the standards are actually addressing accessibility needs and not just making life harder for developers, because if they make life needlessly hard, developers will just write off accessibility altogether.

So far, all I've gotten from you is dogmatic and pissy assertions, not reasoned arguments.  Is this is the level of debate I can expect on this list--insults and arguments from authority?  If so, I fear for users who have different needs, because they will not be served well by any standards developed here.

Rob