Re: A question on bypassing a group of links

Becky Gibson wrote:

(Regarding <http://westciv.com/>)

> The skip link doesn't seem to work correctly at all in Mozilla with the
> keyboard.

James:

I responded to Jim off list, but will reply publicly now. The link is
actually working correctly in Mozilla and incorrectly in IE. (go figure)

The page is coded with two #content anchors. The first is <div
id="content"> and the second is <a name="content">. Mozilla correctly
links to the ID. Internet Explorer only links to the ID once the named
anchor is removed. I believe the IE developers did this on purpose, for
the same reason IE6 defaults to the IE5 box model: to gloss over errors
by unassuming developers. As for why the next tab jumps back to the skip
link, I don't know. It appears to be a bug in IE. Mozilla's tab order
works correctly.

Cheers,
James

PS. BCC-ing Maxine at WestCiv in case they aren't aware of the issue.

--
http://cookiecrook.com/