RE: collapsible hierarchical menu navigation javascript (accessible)

From: Fentress, Robert <rfentres@vt.edu>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 15:48:46 -0400
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

JavaScript

> running. This is a bit messy. You could add the necessary JavaScript
to the

> elements on the page *after* the page has loaded and only if you can
detect

> that JavaScript is available.

True.  That would be better.  I still have some diddling to make it as
clean as it should be.

> See an example at

http://www.w3.org/International/geo/html-tech/outline/html-authoring-out
line

.html

page http://people.w3.org/rishida/family.html you will see no JavaScript

> attached to the images that would normally change as you click on

> them, because it is only added if JavaScript is available at load

> time.

Neat pages and techniques.  Thanks for sharing.  I should definitely add
that initial "if (document.getElementById)" check you use to my script.

Rob