[techs] Re: collapsible hierarchical menu navigation javascript (accessible)

Fentress, Robert wrote:

> I've created a JavaScript navigation system and would appreciate any
> feedback anyone might have about it and the techniques I've used to make
> it accessible.

It validates, though I'm not sure why. It was my understanding that an
input element was only allowed inside a form. Even so, I'm not sure
about your choice to use input elements as list expanders. I would
probably recommend anchors.

I tried my own (fly out menus, not collapsible) an I'm not entirely
happy with them, though I'll also post them for review by the script
techniques committee and other group members.

Original version (keyboard accessible with two CSS files):
  <http://cookiecrook.com/bugtests/menus/demo.htm>
  <http://cookiecrook.com/bugtests/menus/demo2.htm>

Revision with skip section links:
  <http://cookiecrook.com/bugtests/menus/menus_backup.htm>

Current version (keyboard access removed entirely):
  <http://cookiecrook.com/bugtests/menus/menus.htm>

Still working on the latest version. It's to replace the menus at
TexasOnline so sub-level navigation is ancillary; no need for it in
order to be accessible. See explanation on current version.

James

--
http://cookiecrook.com/