Error in CSS Techniques for WCAG 1.0 sample code

From: Marco Bertoni <bertoni@dotvocal.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 15:22:06 +0200
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

Hi everyone, I'm Marco Bertoni a CSS WG new member, this is only to tell you that while I was reading the W3C Note "CSS Techniques for Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0" (http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10-CSS-TECHS/#style-transform-gracefully) I've found some errors in the sample code.

Now I explain: if you look at section 13 "Using style sheet positioning and markup to transform gracefully" you will see two portions of code, the first is a deprecated example and the second is a correct example. In the correct example you can see this code:

<dl>
  <dt class="menu1">Products</dt>
    <dd class="item1">Telephones</dd>
    <dd class="item2">Computers</dd>
    <dd class="item3">Portable MP3 Players</dd>
  <dt class="menu2">Locations</dt>
   <dd class="item4">Idaho</span>
   <dd class="item5">Wisconsin</span>
  </dt>
</dl>

There are three errors here: two unespected SPAN closing tags instead of the correct </dd> and an orphan DT closing tag :)
I notice that the same errors appear in the Working Draft "CSS Techniques for WCAG 2.0" (http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/WD-WCAG20-CSS-TECHS-20031219.html#absolute-positioning)

Have a nice day!

Marco Bertoni
IWA/HWG CSS Working Group Member