R: [techs] granularity and testing...

From: Roberto Castaldo <r.castaldo@iol.it>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 18:06:53 +0100
To: "'lisa seeman'" <seeman@netvision.net.il>, "'WAI GL (E-mail)'" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

Hi Lisa, hi folks,

Lisa:
for some checkpoints and guidelines there can be many  scenario and I think
we want to discuses the granularity of the tests and ...

Roberto C:
That's exactly the problem many people are asking us to fix: as you said, we
could go for as many detailed scenarios as we can, but can we go for every
possible kind of scenarios?

I don't think so, it would be simply impossible, and after all I don't think
this is what WCAG guidelines are expected to represent.
IMHO the guideline text must be written so that the goal to work for is
clear for everyone who develops every kind of page or site, but it's unreal
to try and provide developers with examples of all the possible solutions.

My best regards,

Roberto Castaldo
www.Webaccessibile.Org coordinator
IWA/HWG Member