Da: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org] Per conto
di Yvette P. Hoitink
Inviato: mercoledì 17 marzo 2004 16.58
A: 'Joe Clark'; 'WAI-GL'
Oggetto: RE: Personae

> A topic that was discussed at the Toronto f2f and then essentially
> forgotten was the tried-and-true usability technique of developing
> personas (or indeed personae) to model various WCAG 2.0 users.
>
> Perhaps interestingly, MSN has posted details of some of the personae
> they use.
>
> <http://advertising.msn.com/home/MSNPersonas.asp>

Hi Joe and the rest of the list,

The website Dive into accessibility uses 5 people (+ Google) to explain
accessibility in 30 days. On the first 5 days, the 5 persons are introduced
(more info there). During the rest of the days, several accessibility
features are discussed, including which persons benefit.

The personas are:
* Jackie (19 years old, blind for 8 years)
* Michael (27 years old, protanopia color blindness)
* Bill (62 years old, limited movement in arms because of stroke)
* Lilian (54 years old, non-native speaker, low vision)
* Marcus (31 years old, blind from birth)

See http://www.diveintoaccessibility.org/by_person.html for an overview of
the accessibility tips grouped by person. I really enjoyed this website when
I first became interested in accessibility because the personas make it very
easy to understand the benefits. I think using personas is a very useful
technique and I support using that in the WCAG work.

Yvette Hoitink
Heritas, Enschede, The Netherlands
E-mail: y.p.hoitink@heritas.nl