Re: conformance level proposal

On Feb 26, 2004, at 1:50 PM, Gian Sampson-Wild (PurpleTop) wrote:
> There are a lot of companies (such as Disability service providers)
> that
> put a lot of effort into maintaining a Triple-A rating, and want to be
> seen to be providing as much accessibility as possible. I believe that
> allowing a Triple-A rating will give something to aim for.

I don't think that's reason enough to open it up to the abuse of
triple-A, which is orders of magnitude more common. Disability-oriented
sites have better reasons to implement everything they can than just to
score a triple-A, and most of them aren't going to do any less just
because there isn't a triple-A-like level. To put it another way, those
who do care will do the best they can in any case -- even if we have no
conformance levels at all. We have to be concerned with everybody else.

-