Re: Action item: Proposed wording for Guideline 3.4

MessageHello All,
From: John M Slatin
  Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2004 9:18 AM
  >I'd like to propose a change to my proposed >wording for the guideline itself.

  >3.4 Organize page content in a consistent >manner and make interactive components  > act in predictable ways.
  >[This replaces the wording proposed in  >http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai->gl/2004JanMar/0302.html
  >3.4 Use layouts that are consistent and >make interactive components act
  >in predictable ways.]
  SP: - consistency is across pages and using  "Page content" may be confusing. Also it may not be consistent throughout a site but across specific sections  or applications.  This should be recognized.
  - "Predictable ways" too can be termed ambiguous. Predictable by whom?
  - "layout" is an important term  here and is necessary to be mentioned in the context of organizing content.
  - consistency applies to use of interactive components also, right?
  So here is a proposal:
  Rewording for the guideline 3.4:
  How about
  - Use a consistent layout for organizing content across the site / its specific sections
    - Ensure that interactive components behave consistently and in a manner  defined for the component.

  Thanks,
  Sailesh Panchang
  Senior Accessibility Engineer
  Deque Systems,11180  Sunrise Valley Drive,
  4th Floor, Reston VA 20191
  Tel: 703-225-0380 Extension 105
  E-mail: sailesh.panchang@deque.com
  Fax: 703-225-0387