RE: CSS Accessibility Analyzer

I agree - I greatly dislike the practice of tuning Web sites to particular
browsers and don't want to be seen as encouraging that. With Techniques,
though, we've been faced with a couple difficult questions:

* What happens if one technique is required for optimal functionality in
browser A and a different technique is required for browser B, and it's
impossible to apply both techniques at the same time?

* What generation of browsers do we write techniques for? A lot of WCAG 1.0
itself was written for problems of the current generation of browsers - the
famous "until user agent" issues.

* What if one technique is required for or supported by one widely used
browser, but not required for or supported by another widely used browser?

These issues are why we associated user agent information with the
techniques. It does not ultimately answer the question of what techniques to
apply, it simply gives a more complete set of information. I don't know if
WAI will be able to recommend a single universal set of content authoring
techniques that work as desired in all user agents currently in use.

That's why, in the case of relative vs. absolute size, I think we have to
inventory the possibilities and the effects of each of those possibilities.

Michael