RE: CSS Accessibility Analyzer

Perhaps this issue will be addressed in part by an approach we are taking in
the techniques, which is, for each technique, we log the user agents for
which there is a known problem the technique addresses. So we could create a
technique that says, in effect, "If your target browser includes IE, the
author must use relative font sizes. If your target browser is only Opera,
the author can use absolute sizes and still be assured that the page will be
WCAG-compliant for the user." It is of course the author's responsibility to
be realistic about the browsers used by their audience and not try to use
this browser profiling as a way to wriggle out of the techniques, but a
level of good faith in implementors of our guidelines must be presumed at
some point. It is also of course probable that the set of browsers out there
will be larger than the set of browsers we have tested and aligned with our
techniques, but all we can do is our best at getting a good cross section,
and the techniques are easily updated if we become aware of a browser with
its own issues.

Michael