RE: [html-techs] Table Type

From: Yvette P. Hoitink <y.p.hoitink@heritas.nl>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 18:13:40 +0100
To: "'WAI WCAG List'" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

John Slatin:

> Maybe Yvette has hit upon another test for distinguishing layout
> tables from data tables:
>
> If the same effect could be achieved using CSS, it's a layout table.

That's the test I always use myself: Would I loose semantics by converting
this table to CSS? If so, it's a data table. If not, it's a layout table.

This is done with in the back of my mind "... if CSS had all the features I
wished it had, if CSS was as well supported by browsers as I wish it was,
and if I was as good at using CSS as I wish I was"

Yvette Hoitink
CEO Heritas, Enschede, The Netherlands
E-mail: y.p.hoitink@heritas.nl