RE: simple language testable thing

From: Jens Meiert <jens.meiert@erde3.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 16:25:53 +0100 (MET)
To: Al Gilman <al.gilman@comcast.net>
Cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

> Jens, Charles (and somewhat Lisa):
>
> You are being caught in the popular confusion of UCS, the
> Character Set for XML, and the 'Charset' HTTP-header
> parameter which indicates an *encoding* such as
> windows-1252 or UTF-8.

It's in fact confusing when reconsidering 'charset' naming e.g. in
attributes and at-rules (per se), but I explicitly referred to UCS, not to any Unicode
encoding :) AFAIR Charles and Lisa didn't refer to encodings, either, but to
'real' character sets (Lisa) in case of Hebrew, for example.

Best regards,
 Jens.

--
Jens Meiert