3.3- time to take a step back?

Looking back at 3.3 and guidelines for designing web content for
Learning and cognitive disabilities.

Before creating this guideline we have done a review of clear writing
guidelines across the world, but, these guidelines were not concerned
about issues like freedom of speech and adoptability. Which made it
easer for them.

On the other hand they did not have the advantages that technology
protocols and innovation can provide.

I think maybe we need to take a step back and have a taskforce to
explore  end to end methodologies for helping learning disabilities
combined with protocols.

For example lexical linking could work well to allow simplification at
the client end, without

However just putting ideas directly into a guideline may not be the best
way to do it.
Ideally one could do something like this:

1, Build clear problem statement
2, Build profiles of who we need to recruit
3, Build the taskforce,
4, Have a preliminary deliverable of docvument(s) that clearly state
parameters and the extent and nature of  user needs ,author needs,
barriers to adoptions.
5, Have a preliminary deliverable of potential directions for solutions
and options
6, Post review decide on what directions to developed
(Funding too would help)
7,  Develop integrated guidelines/ techniques for user agents, authoring
tools and content providers

In other words , move away from directly writing the guideline and build
a road map to address this issue.

It may seem like a long road, but it may, in the end, be quicker and
more productive then endless circular arguments.
We may even be able to release 2.0 with a place holder to this work.

All the best
Lisa Seeman

Visit us at the UB Access website
UB Access - Moving internet accessibility