Re: Jan 29 minutes

----- Original Message -----
From: "John M Slatin" <john_slatin@austin.utexas.edu>
To: <caldwell@trace.wisc.edu>; <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Sent: Friday, January 30, 2004 4:45 PM
Subject: RE: Jan 29 minutes

Course management systems like Blackboard and WebCT automatically pull
student data from the registrar's databases, and I had thought that the
registrar's database could be made to include data on students'
disabilities and the accommodations to which they are legally entitled.
However, I was told that there are legal barriers (in the US) to doing
this-- apprently disability status is one type of personal data that
cannot be shared among different units on campus.

Since this sort of time-limit on testing can't be automatically adjusted
for individuals, it seems that we need to pull time-based testing out as
a separate situation.

Roberto:
IMS guidelines at Guideline nr. 9 explain about this:
http://www.imsglobal.org/accessibility/accessiblevers/sec9.html

Some people that have created these guidelines works in the WCAG and
ATAG Working Group.