W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-gl@w3.org > April to June 2004

RE: July 1, 2004 Agenda

From: Roberto Scano (IWA/HWG) <rscano@iwa-italy.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 22:49:00 +0200
To: <gv@trace.wisc.edu>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Message-Id: <200406301646234.SM04884@Inbox>

Regrets. Travelling during conference time

----- Messaggio originale -----
    Da: "Gregg Vanderheiden"<gv@trace.wisc.edu>
    Inviato: 30/06/04 22.36.28
    A: "w3c-wai-gl@w3.org"<w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
    Oggetto: July 1, 2004  Agenda
    
    
    Time: 20:00 UTC
    (4 PM US Eastern, 10 PM France, 8 AM Friday Eastern Australia)
    Number:  +1-617-761-6200, passcode 9224 irc.w3.org 6665, channel #wai-wcag
    
    Our agenda items are below.
    An attempt has been made to gather the background so we can have more
    efficient discussion  (thanks Michael)
    
    PLEASE READ and thing about these items. 
    
    See you Thursday
    
    
    
    
    ITEM 1) 
    [#832] Clear link text - priority and acceptability of supplement
    
    Goal: Harvest issues. Ask group to address each other's issues.  Reach
    consensus in this meeting or end up with an action item for refinement of
    proposal?
    
    Introduction by: Michael Cooper
    <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2004AprJun/0730.html>
    * Proposal from Techniques TF to make clear link text under guideline 3.2 a
    level 1 - currently is level 3
    * Possible it was level 3 because of ability to use "title" to clarify - but
    unclear in UAAG how that should be handled; is not well handled in current
    UA
    * Discussion/questions on list about reasons this is important for different
    people, but some feeling that it is in spite of feeling that it "shouldn't
    be"
    * Questions about how links used, e.g., for navigation, and whether we
    should accommodate that
    
    
    Item 2)
    [#827] Success criterion for separate content from presentation
    This item has a proposal but not much discussion on the list.
    
    Goal: raise the awareness of the issue and encourage discussion on list.
    
    Introduction by: Michael Cooper
    <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2004AprJun/0721.html>
    * Guideline 1.3 speaks to separation of content from presentation, but no
    success criterion address that specifically. TTF would like to create
    techniques but needs a SC.
    * Concern that this would have effect of banning technologies that don't
    provide mechanisms to do this
    
    
    Item 3)
    [#828] definition of foreground and background thread begins:
    <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2004AprJun/0722.html>
    ends w/new proposal:
    <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2004AprJun/0733.html>
    
    Goal: Adopt definition or raise issues and assign an action item?
    
    Introduction by: Michael Cooper and Gregg Vanderheiden
    * TTF needs clearer definition of foreground and background in 1.4 to write
    techniques
    * Thought that this is mainly about text over a background
    * Latest proposed definitions:
       Foreground Content:  Content that is presented in front of or on top of
    other content.
       Background:  Anything that appears under foreground content.  This could
    be decorative material or meaningful content. 
    
    
    Item 4) 
    [#829] Linear reading order should be level 1
     
    Goal: Harvest issues. Ask group to address each other's issues.  Reach
    consensus in this meeting or end up with an action item for refinement of
    proposal?
    
    Introduction by: Michael Cooper
    <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2004AprJun/0723.html>
    * TTF thought linearization of page (2.4) should be level 1 - currently
    level 3
    * Some agreement on list
    * Rebuttal that Web is a tranformative medium and expecting an
    author-provided linearization is meaningless
    
    
    Item 5) 
    [#830] Requirement for page title should be level 2 or level 1
    
    Goal: Harvest issues. Ask group to address each other's issues.  Reach
    consensus in this meeting or end up with an action item for refinement of
    proposal?
    
    Introduction by: Michael Cooper
    <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2004AprJun/0726.html>
    * Guideline 2.4 has a level 3 SC that says, among other things, a document
    title was considered. TTF thought providing the title should simply be
    expected, not considered. Also guideline 3.2 has a level 2 SC that page
    titles should be informative. Requirement to provide title should be at
    least as high as requirement to make it informative.
    * Question whether all forms of content have a titlable "page" to which this
    can be applied
    
    
    Item 6) 
    [#831] Structural emphasis evident really a user agent issue?
    
    Goal: Resolve to remove the level 3 criterion? Action item to refine the
    criterion?
    
    Introduction by: Michael Cooper
    <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2004AprJun/0728.html>
    
    

[Messaggio troncato. Toccare Modifica->Segna per il download per recuperare la restante parte.]
Received on Wednesday, 30 June 2004 16:49:04 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:47:30 GMT