Re: Top-Posting And Guideline 3.1

From: Loretta Guarino Reid <lguarino@adobe.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 11:05:44 -0700
To: Chris Ridpath <chris.ridpath@utoronto.ca>
Cc: Joe Clark <joeclark@joeclark.org>, WAI-GL <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>, lguarino@adobe.com

Chris, I think this is a perfect example of why we have struggled so much around the guidelines for clear writing. There are top-post messages that
are perfectly comprehensible, and there are non-top-post messages that are
are very difficult to understand. Enforcing a prohibition on top posting does not lead to more comprehension. Understanding what makes email difficult to understand may (or may not) lead the author to avoid top posting, depending on
the circumstances.

	Loretta