RE: Top-Posting And Guideline 3.1

From: Lisa Seeman <seeman@netvision.net.il>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 09:05:27 +0300
To: 'Chris Ridpath' <chris.ridpath@utoronto.ca>, 'WAI WCAG List' <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

> Do the messages you post to this list run afoul of the WAI guidelines?
In terms of clear write, expansion of acronyms, using formal grammars
-they do

 this is primarily an email list, for discussion,  that is uploaded into
an archive for reference. wcag 1.0 would fail a lot of emails for
spelling and grammatical errors, but if we insist on them we will not
have participation form the learning Disabled communities at all, and we
would advise non English speakers to participate in their native
language which English speaker would not understand at all.

we need to encourage participation, not discourage it. Such rules would
serve intimidate people away from posting

Lisa