RE: [#832] Clear link text - priority and acceptability of supplemental text

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Lisa Seeman [mailto:seeman@netvision.net.il]
	Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2004 9:10 am
	To: John M Slatin; w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
	Subject: RE: [#832] Clear link text - priority and acceptability
of supplemental text

	Then we could make a Level 2 requirement for clear link text in
the default presentation:

		<proposed>
		The destination of each link is clearly identified in
the default presentation.
		</proposed>

		[Lisa: ]

		Solve the problem at the nodes?

		If each page has a good (unique and helpful)  meta data
title then we don't need level two
		That must be easer then checking each link text on each
page
		<bigGrin/>

		[JMS] I don't understand. How does providing unique and
informative page titles in metadata help the end user understand the
destination of a given link? A

		And even if this could work for links to other resources
on the same site, how could it work for links to URis not controlled by
the content author?

		 (did you hear the joke about the consultant with a
hammer -every problem was a nail -except of course they are)
		[JMS] Bang bang thud thud.

		John

		Lisa

		 John