RE: New rewrite of Guideline 1.1 (action item)

From: Joe Clark <joeclark@joeclark.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 20:58:21 -0500 (CDT)
To: WAI-GL <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

> 1.  For multimedia content, a separate text document is provided
> (similar to a play script ) that includes both descriptions of all
> important visual information and  transcripts of dialogue and other
> important sounds.

I know Andrew W.K. is really hot on this even though WGBH itself does not
do it, but we have no evidence whatsoever-- none-- that actual deaf-blind
people find these combined transcripts actually useful. Plus, no matter
what our friends down the highway from Cape Cod tell us, they are
fantastically difficult to prepare. I know of a whopping two examples.

--

    Joe Clark | joeclark@joeclark.org
    Expect criticism if you top-post