Re: [#829] Linear reading order should be level 1

From: Roberto Scano - IWA/HWG <rscano@iwa-italy.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 20:18:13 +0200
To: "Michael Cooper" <michaelc@watchfire.com>, "WAI GL (E-mail)" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Cooper" <michaelc@watchfire.com>
To: "WAI GL (E-mail)" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Sent: Monday, June 21, 2004 8:11 PM
Subject: [#829] Linear reading order should be level 1

In mapping HTML techniques to the guidelines, the techniques working
mapped linearization of documents to the first level 3 success criterion
guideline 2.4 [1]. Although this seemed to be the appropriate mapping,
believe this should be a level 1 issue, not a level 3 issue. Therefore
propose that this success criterion be moved to level 1.

Roberto Scano:
I agree with Michael. Without guarantee of linearization of the
contents, how can we assure to people that use screen readers to
understand the contents?