RE: New rewrite of Guideline 1.1 (action item)

Roberto Scano:
Wait John... Multimedia means a combination of at least two elements
from this list:
- text
- audio
- graphic
- video and animation

like correctly explained in the WebOpedia definition for "multimedia":
http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/m/multimedia.html

"The use of computers to present text, graphics, video, animation, and
sound in an integrated way."

So, IMHO, multimedia must stay in 1.2... and also in 1.1.

Thanks, Roberto. It's OK with me if we want to keep a separate guideline
for multimedia.  But we still need to know whether Gregg is suggesting
that we move the success criterion about providing a text document that
includes descriptions of important video information and transcripts of
all dialogue and other important sounds from 1.1 Level 3 (where it is
now) to 1.2 Level 3.  Or was it just a typo when he wrote 1.2 Level 3?

John

"Good design is accessible design."
Please note our new name and URL!
John Slatin, Ph.D.