RE: [techs] Skip navigation techniques

> About using only H<n> at start of content: can non screen reader users
navigate by heading especially where start of > content is not easily
spottable or is off the viewport?

Right, Sailesh. It is (3) in my long document! The problem with this
technique is that no keyboard navigation is (generally) available for those
who are not using screen readers. I think headings navigation is much better
than a skip link except for the keyboard issue. It's better because it is
easier; you don't have to find the link, focus it, activate it. You just hit
"h" . and "h" again and "h" again.

Jim

Accessibility, What Not to do: http://jimthatcher.com/whatnot.htm.

Web Accessibility Tutorial: http://jimthatcher.com/webcourse1.htm.

About using only H<n> at start of content: can non screen reader users
navigate by heading especially where start of content is not easily
spottable or is off the viewport?

Sailesh Panchang
Senior Accessibility Engineer
Deque Systems,11180  Sunrise Valley Drive,
4th Floor, Reston VA 20191
Tel: 703-225-0380 Extension 105
E-mail: sailesh.panchang@deque.com
Fax: 703-225-0387