Re: next week's agenda (normative checklists, summary of issues)

From: Wendy A Chisholm <wendy@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 23:34:19 -0400
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

Gregg wrote:
>This is just a heads up to anyone who might be interested (including
>individuals from the techniques task force) that we'll be discussing the
>topic of checklists next week and whether they should be normative or
>informative.

The central questions seem to be:
1. Do general success criteria provide enough information to determine
conformance?
2. If not, is it possible to make them testable enough to determine
conformance?
3. If not, should we conclude that checklists must be normative?
4. How would putting checklists on the Recommendation track effect our
timeline?
5. Can we satisfy the Requirements for WCAG 2.0 with informative checklists?

"WCAG 2.0: Normative checklists?" [1]  attempts to frame issues for WCAG WG
discussion. <http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2004/06/normative-checklist-issues.html>

It includes issues raised in previous summaries and discussions.

Best,
--wendy

--
wendy a chisholm