RE: Proposal: Delete SC about contracted words

Hello Gregg,

I'm sorry but I do not follow your reasoning. The item I propose to delete
is level 3, not level 1 (The meaning of contracted words can be
programmatically determined). I argue that it's already covered mostly by a
level 2 item and completely by that level 2 item in combination with another
level 3 item. I'm not talking about level 1 items at all.

I totally understand that you can't delete level 1 items because they're
covered by level 2 or 3 but that's not what I'm proposing. I'm proposing to
delete a level 3 SC because it's covered by a level 2+3. By the time you get
to level 3, all of the level 2 items will already be covered, right? So the
meaning of all words, including contracted words, can already be
programatically located. I don't see why we need a level 3 item to say the
meaning of contracted words can be programatically determined, since you can
already locate the meaning and another level 3 item says to provide
additional information if the intended meaning is not the first.

Yvette Hoitink
Heritas, Enschede, the Netherlands
E-mail: y.p.hoitink@heritas.nl
WWW: http://www.heritas.nl