RE: Action item: another example for Guideline 3.1

Right, Joe, I don't know many professional Web designers who'd use such
verbose link text either; but I'm not sure that's a good thing.  I *do*
know professional Web developers who use the same link text for multiple
video clips on the same page-- asin the example I cited, where the page
includes two different videos and where the link text for each reads
simply "high" and "Low."  If one uses a links list-- in JAWS, Home Page
Reader, John Gunderson's Accessibility extensions, or some other agent--
one won't be able to tell where these links point, let alone that they
point to different places.  "Windows Media" is a meaningful phrase for
tech-savvy users; it may not be meaningful, though, to many people who
might want to see or hear what the governor had to say.  (High
bandwitdth might not be so great in that connection, either.)

John

"Good design is accessible design."
Please note our new name and URL!
John Slatin, Ph.D.