Re: Highlights of 5/13/-4 from Gregg Vanderheiden

From: Joe Clark <joeclark@joeclark.org>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 10:26:16 -0500 (CDT)
To: WAI-GL <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

> LEVEL 3 SUCCESS CRITERIA
>
>       1. Go beyond Level 1 and 2 to increase direct and user agent enhanced
>           accessibility

Well, if the only reason Level 3 exists is a puny "increase" in
accessibilty, that's so general as to be meaningless, which in fact Level
3 of WCAG 2.0 will surely be. I think everyone on this list can come up
with methods that "increase" accessibility that are nonetheless not on the
WCAG 1.0 list. Why pretend to have an exhaustive catalogue of such
"increases" in accessibility?

Level 3 is just not gonna work. Nobody meets Level 3 of WCAG 1.0 and
there's no need for this orphan.

>  We also agreed to meet in Face to Face either the week of July 12th or July
> 19th.   Venue to be determined.  Currently planned for West Coast of US.
>
> Next meeting ( Fall )  being scheduled in Europe.

Wow.

Must be nice.

Cf. <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2004AprJun/0197.html>.

--