RE: [TECH] use cases diagrammed

From: David MacDonald <befree@magma.ca>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 17:01:24 -0400
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
>>>Maybe we break the gateway into two pieces
>>>1 - the tech independent techniques
>>>2- a gateway/locator
>>>And then the cop/locator becomes an "interactive gateway/locator"

I think the idea of separating the Techniques Gateway into two chunks is a
good.

That way the Gateway/Locator can focus on just getting people to where they
want to go. And the Technology Independent Techniques could do its job of
showing people the principles of good Captions etc.

I realize we may want the "Technology Independent Techniques" more prominent
than "Technology Specific Techniques." If so here's one idea:

All XSLT generated pages could include a section titled "Things to Remember"
that would list Technology Independent Techniques that are relevant.

If we want "Technology Independent Techniques" the at the same logical level
as the Technology Specific Techniques they would just be one more choice
from the menu of Techniques. i.e.,
http://www.eramp.com/david/traffic_cop_from_guidelines_techniques_menu.htm <
http://www.eramp.com/david/traffic_cop_from_guidelines_techniques_menu.htm>

Regards,