RE: Issue 556 and 669 (and 506 definition of structure)

From: Jason White <jasonw@ariel.ucs.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 11:04:34 +1000
To: "John M Slatin" <john_slatin@austin.utexas.edu>
Cc: "Gregg Vanderheiden" <gv@trace.wisc.edu>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

John M Slatin writes:

 > I think we could add an SVG example without implying that all graphics
 > have to be SVG to conform-- though we might have to say that out loud:-)

I agree. More general I think we should clarify somewhere that
examples given in a definition or in the guidelines are meant to be
informative, not normative, and we could say by way of illustration
that the example of vector-based graphics under guideline 1.3 should
not be interpreted as precluding the use of raster-based images in
appropriate circumstances.

I would also raise the question of whether we need a section entitled
"how to interpret these guidelines".