RE: [techs] Acronyms and abbreviations

From: Jens Meiert <jens.meiert@erde3.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 19:17:49 +0200 (MEST)
To: "John M Slatin" <john_slatin@austin.utexas.edu>, michaelc@watchfire.com
Cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

> In principle, I agree that every occurrence of an acronym or
> abbreviation should be tagged with the appropriate element.
>
> In practice, however, what ends up happening is that people
> using screen readers/talking browsers never actually hear the
> acronym or abbreviation [...]

Sounds like a draw anyway, doesn't it? What should we do and recommend now,
is there the need to update the corresponding GL items? -- I really
challenge this issue since I just had this discussion occupationally
(again), and there are of course benefits as well as problems linked with
it, as also pointed out by both of you.

 Jens.

--
Jens Meiert