Re: R: Usability and Accessibility

On Wed, 12 May 2004, Doyle-Work wrote:

> I was trying to say, when a person with a disability or anyone goes well
> beyond their typical norm to navigate and use a web resource, it is likely
> an accessibility issue.  Let's say, it takes me (generally speaking) ten
> minutes to fill out a form (a well formulated and easy to navigate form).
> If I go to a different web resource where the same information is being
> required and it takes me 20 minutes, I now have an increase in time and
> energy.  If a person without a disability has no time differences between
> the two web resources as described above, in terms of filling out the forms,
> there is an accessibility issue.
or with the second form, if both people take longer to complete the task
but the increase in time required is substantially greater for the person
with the disability then there is an accessibility issue.

Of course the person with the disability might simply be unable to
complete the task at all, whereas the other party is able to complete it -
again an accessibility concern.