Re: Normative status of techniques checklists

From: Loretta Guarino Reid <lguarino@adobe.com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 07:36:05 -0700
To: Web Content Guidelines <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

Jason,
  As long as we are touching on this topic, let me raise my
concern about making the checklists normative: what does this
say about technologies that are not published by the working
group?
  PDF is clearly my concern, but this would also apply to
W3C technologies for which we haven't written techniques documents.
If checklists are normative, does it become impossible for these
technologies to satisfy WCAG2 by definition?

	     Loretta