[TECH] Summary of conversation with Kansas State U.

Hi all

It was a good meeting with Frances Grenier of Kansas Rehabilitation
Services. She sat on the committee for the State of Kansas.

Some highlights of the conversation:

1)     Insert a "back to table of contents" link after each item in the
Techniques 2.0 document.

2)     Give code examples after *every* technique so that inexperienced web
designers using WSIWYGs can open up their code and copy exact code examples.
She noted that 50% of the people building web content at the State level no
almost nothing about HTML and really need super simple examples.

3)     We talked about wording for WCAG guideline 1.3 (separation of
structure and presentation) which I outlined in a previous email.

4)     She did not realize that there were technical documents accompanying
the Guidelines and so she was quite concerned that the Guidelines were more
general in nature. When I explained that technology specific instructions
have been shifted to technical documents,she said then there should be some
easy way to find them.

5)     I then showed her the "Traffic Cop" (use case 1) which she loved. She
said should be renamed cause "no one likes a cop". She said the "Cop" would
go a long way to helping people find their way around the various documents.
She said she liked entering the techniques via the USE Case 1 cause
"everything is right there."

6)     She said the Traffic Cop Use Case 2 should have bigger check boxes.

Cheers

David MacDonald

www.eramp.com <http://www.eramp.com/>

  _____