RE: General Usability DetecVS tor

Sorry

   I don't know where the implication that the times needed to be in round
numbers or that the numbers weren't derived from user testing came from -
but that was not my intention.    I was talking about results from user
testing.

Also - this was not meant to be a 'final determination' but rather a sniff
test.    If something slows people with disabilities down the same
proportionate amount as people without disabilities - then I look at it more
carefully to see if it is indeed just a usability problem rather than an
accessibility problem.

Here I am defining accessibility problems as problems that result from a
person having a disability and that affect them in ways or in proportions
that are not experienced by everyone else (without that disability).

Again - please note that this is NOT something that I am proposing as a
definition or for use by our group.  It was simply something I found useful
when looking at problems in this area - and I posted to the list because
others found it an interesting idea to roll around in their heads.

ciao

Gregg

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Ind. Engr. & BioMed Engr.