RE: wording for 1.1 RE: Example: Real-time feed of satellite photos

Another alternative proposal for rewording 1.1.  It still doesn't say
anything about spacers or "purely" decorative images (curlicues, etc.),
and I don't think the item about real-time content is quite right yet,
but maybe this will help.

<begin proposed>
Provide text alternatives for non-text content. The text alternative
should be equivalent to the non-text content, meaning that it serves the
same function or conveys the same information as the non-text content.

A text label satisfies this guideline if one or more of the following
conditions is true:
1. The purpose of the non-text content is to create a specific sensory
experience (as in music or visual art)
The non-text content is generated, transmitted, and displayed in
real-time by automated means (as when spacecraft transmit images from
extraterrestrial locations)
</end proposed>
John

"Good design is accessible design."