Re: Linking from guidelines to techniques

From: Jens Meiert <jens.meiert@erde3.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 09:50:13 +0200 (MEST)
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

Loose comments...

> In the fall of 2003, the W3C Web Accessibility Initiative
> (WAI) and the American Institutes for Research (AIR)
> conducted a series of usability tests [...]

...and every usability consultant and/or company linking to a page where you
already are [1] is inconceivably credible (that's almost always the first
that catches my eye). I cannot resist -- it's unbelievable what
professionals don't know the basics of their domain, CMIIW.

> Thus, it seems less an issue of formatting the links and
> more an issue of writing good link text.

ACK, some findings definitely confirm this. By the way, maybe you remember
LSA (Latent Semantics Analysis), a rather scientific method calculating the
familiarity of links (by determining the vector length of a term) [2]?
Though, I think that stuff (including CWW [3]) is /really/ scientific ;)

Best regards,
 Jens.

[1] http://www.air.org/concord/wai/index.html
[2] http://autocww.colorado.edu/HomePage.html