RE: Reopened issues - week of 19 April 2004

From: Jason White <jasonw@ariel.ucs.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 19:07:19 +1000
To: "John M Slatin" <john_slatin@austin.utexas.edu>
Cc: "Wendy A Chisholm" <wendy@w3.org>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

John M Slatin writes:

 > Re: Issue #330: On 25 March I sent a proposal to the list to reword
 > success criteria under 3.1 [1]. The idea was to replace phrases such as
 > "programmatically located" in 3.1 Success Criteria with "available
 > through context or markup," as follows:

One of the main reasons for using expressions such as
"programmatically identified" and "programmatically located" was to
cover the case where the content is not written in a markup language,
but is provided in another format that allows structural distinctions
to be preserved. Examples include XML information sets, API's, and
data structures such as the structure trees used in tagged PDF.

If we want these to be included, we need to say something more
precise than "context", and something more general than "markup".

Suggestions?