Re: [Issue 317] Color

> There are lots of actual examples of color used in such a way as to make
> certain parts of web sites TOTALLY inaccessible.

There are occasional such examples. I guesstimate there are more
WAI-related mailing-list Web pages alone than there are sites with the
kind of problem described here.

* In the example below (from
> www.alaskaair.com) starting with "Fields marked" and ending with
> Program/Number", it is unclear to a blind user and possibly a color
> deficient user which asterisk is red in color.  In this actual case, the
> asterisk after First Name is black - the asterisk after Last Name is red.

I didn't see that when I tried to fake booking a ticket at that site.

In any event, this is an exceedingly simple example that can be adequately
if inelegantly remedied through HTML and plain text.

<http://joeclark.org/book/sashay/serialization/Chapter09.html#p-1880>

It'll be a very easy thing to explain in our HTML techniques.

And since Doyle top-posted, in that tic people have, let me respond to
John:

> > Joe, I still find forms where required fields are shown in red without
> > additional indication.  Even more often, error alerts may return people
> > to forms where the fields that have something wrong with them are shown
> > in red but not otherwise identified.

A small problem that is easily fixed.

--

    Joe Clark | joeclark@joeclark.org